Flexible Pulse Laser System
|Precision MicroFab™ designed, manufactured and installed an
entirely new production-level laser system to drill diamond carbide and thermally stable diamonds. This system replaced a legacy system and considerably reduced run time per part, increasing the daily productivity by a factor of three. This is just one example of our custom laser manufacture capability. We will custom tailor a laser system specifically for your application.
Highlights of the System’s Features and Benefits:
- Aerotech stages and amplifiers.
- A top of the line computer with the latest motion control software.
- Rock-solid Fiber laser technology.
- Air-actuated collet spindle with less than 0.00005” TIR, driven by an Aerotech motor.
- Beam delivery integrated with video microscope and optics mounted on the stages. Optics and beam delivery module retracts for safe and easy part loading and unloading.
- Applications specific custom motion controls.
- Extremely compact machine base footprint of 28” by 26” plus monitor and keyboard arm.
Motion System Specifications:
- A linear motion guide bearing system and high-performance brushless servomotors.
- XZ assembly with 5 arc sec orthogonality. Alignment to within 3 microns orthogonality for motion stages.
- Linear error correction for accuracy and repeatability.
- Resolution: 250 nm
- Accuracy: ±1.5 μm
- Repeatability: ±0.75 μm
- Load rating on Stages: 45 kg Payload
- Maintenance-free MOPFA and Q-switched pulsed Ytterbium fiber laser designed for OEM applications.
- The laser delivers a high power 1.07μm laser beam directly to the work site via a flexible metal-sheathed single mode fiber cable.
- The near diffraction-limited beam can mark, drill or machine a variety of materials.
- • 1mJ pulse energy
- • 120ns pulse width
- • 50kHz pulse repetition rate
- • 50 Watt average power
- • 3.0 meter armored fiber with 7.5mm beam diameter output
- • Isolator attenuates damaging retro-reflections
- • Red aiming diode
- A Certified Industrial Safe Laser System.
- Class IV Enclosure.
- FDA CDRH Registered.
- IEC 60825 Compliant – Safety of Laser Products.
- UL 508A Compliant – Safety Standard for Industrial Control Products.
- NFPA 79 Compliant – Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery.